[Harp-L] Looking for new inspiration

In looking back through some of the posts on this topic, I didn't see any mention of Hazmat Modine (http://www.hazmatmodine.com) whose harmonica players Wade Schuman and Randy Weinstein combine a fascinating mixture of influences (from pre-war harmonica to jazz and klezmer). You can preview their album here: http://cdbaby.com/cd/hazmatmodine

There's also some great YouTube clips of them up:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hazmat+modine&search=Search

Does the Electronic Harmonica Quartet still play together? I had heard some of their samples on a link from http://www.overblow.com and I know some of their members are on this list.

-Marc Molino

"When we carried him to the place, there we saw the creatures that we called 'Drum, Song and Dance' personally and these three creatures were living creatures as ours. At the same time that we reached there the half-bodied baby came down from my head, then we thanked God. But as he came down from my head he joined the three creatures at once. When 'Drum' started to beat himself it was just as if he was beaten by fifty men, when 'Song' started to sing, it was just as if a hundred people were singing together and when 'Dance' started to dance the half-bodied baby started too, my wife, myself and spirits, etc., were dancing with 'Dance' and nobody who heard or saw these three fellows would not follow them to wherever they were going."
- from The Palm-Wine Drinkard by Amos Tutuola

Catch suspicious messages before you open them?with Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_protection_0507