To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2007 1:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Top 10 living diatonic players

If yall are talking about recording amounts and influence, you have to put
Jimmy Hall in there. That boy can rip and he did numerous albums with Wet
Willie and studio guesting with a pretty good amount of other people. I wonder
how many albums Billie Gibbons sold that he played harp on. He aint bad either.
As far as out right volume what about Jagger? I was prompted to post this
after seeing Taylor Hicks on this list. I have nothing against the guy, I've
never heard him play, but the 3 guys I just mentioned put out WAY more stuff
than he has.
Top Ten Players
Magic Dick
Lee Oscar
Jimmy Hall
John Mayall
John Popper
Rob Papp.......(how do you spell Rob's name?)
Howard Levy
Charlie Musslewhite
Kim Wilson
Norton Buffalo
Not in any particular order There are a lot of guys left out of
this list that are killer. I just put down the ones who put out a lot of
recordings, and that had an influence on me. Give Jason a few years to record and
he will be on my list. He's most definitely killer
I think the real list would be ALL players, past on, or still
alive.
Randy
BiscuitBoy Bliues

In a message dated 5/12/2007 9:52:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,