Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Concerti

Robert,

I depend on the variety of music that exists.  I love
most types of music and vocal music is among my
favorites.  I have even grown to love some opera music
and spend a little time listening to and experimenting
with Tuvan style throat singing.  Just like choosing
10 top diatonic harp players is a real challenge,
choosing a favorite music style is not do-able for me.

I raised my children on singing at church, school
choir, some piano lessons(not enough), singing for
others at times like Christmas, and much recorded
music.  Of the recorded music we had lots of popular,
blues, rock, ska, jazz, but also lots of classical,
Christian, Native American, Latin, opera and most
anything that had an acceptable feel and rhythm.  My
children all can sing and perform acceptably as
amateur musicians, more than well enough for this
father.

I see in my children and grand children the blessing
of the variety of music we used at home for our
family.  Tonight My 21 year old son says, "Listen to
this guy play his guitar solo."  He appropriately
pointed to Jeff Beck as a probable influence in the
solo's sound, just before getting out of his truck.

All this is just to say that I treasure a variety of
harmonica players music with your work on one end and
my own work at the amateur end.  I would not be happy
if all I had was the in between stuff: jazz, blues and
country being most of what I have.  I also would be
lacking without the best like yours and my own efforts
at music.  The variety of music is one of the most
pleasant parts of music.  There are many songs to play
and sing and many ways to play each song.

I take too many words to encourage you to play the
very pieces you mention as well as any new ones that
are penned.  You have a gift that includes the most
difficult music as part of your selections, that are
worth being played and shared.  I hope to share that
music from your continued playing and recording, with
my family and friends.

LennyHarp
http://lennyharp.net

--- Robert Bonfiglio <bon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have decided to make it the last of my life's work
> to make decent
> recordings of the Arthur Benjamin Harmonica
> Concerto, the Tcherepnin
> Harmonica Concerto, the Milhaud Suite for Harmonica
> and Orchestra,
> the Cowell Harmonica Concerto and the Hohvaness Folk
> Dances.  Maybe
> the Robert Russell Bennett Harmonica Concerto too.
> All these pieces
> deserve a great performance and recording; now is
> the time while I
> still have power in my playing.
>
> Now that we have more people voting on American Idol
> than the last
> Presidential election, it makes me wonder if anyone
> cares about an in
> depth performance of intellectual music, but that is
> not why I play
> in the first place.  The attack on all intellectual
> material seems to
> be worldwide and its political side frightening.
>
> Wish me good funding.
>
> Harmonically yours,
>
> Robert Bonfiglio
> http://www.robertbonfiglio.com

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html