[Harp-L] Rostropovich and practice

>          3. Wow, that hurt.  Now how do I keep getting better at this?
>
> The answer to number 3, for me anyway, is keep practicing every day, keep
> inventing new ways to practice, and you'll have breakthroughs and some of
> them will be enormous.  But I really wanted to keep getting better, even
> after my first harmonica career was over.
>
> And as I've gotten older I have only become more intrigued by the notion
> that there's always incredible new vistas of harp stuff to learn, great
> breakthroughs to be had that open up whole new ways to make a harmonica
> feel good to me and to people who are listening.

 Ken, you hit the nail on the head........
 I have the full version of Band in a Box. There's 2,888 songs at my
disposal in literally 100's of styles that I can learn at any tempo and in
any key. It has a Soloist feature that will endlessly create different
solos, also in different styles. Right now I'm working on Chopin's Waltz in
Bmin, and a jazz Bossa Nova. Will I play these with someone? Probably not.
Does it challenge me to expand my musical abilities and boundries?  For
sure! There's sooooooooo much out there just waiting for us as harmonica
players to play and share with others. As someone from Saturday night once
said. " I love it, I love it, I love it! "

Brian