Re: Re : [Harp-L] Seydel 1847 inquiry (Winslow Yerxa)

"straight to the harp" wrote:
> I mean a promaster or hammond has good overblows and
> overdraws out of the box the 1847 is not as good (and
> the overdraws are really not good as for the favorite
> and solist pro)
>
> Both should be customised to get great results but I
> think the Suzukis have a better potential as they are
> better out of the box for overbends in general.

The Promaster and Hammond Mouth Organ, both from Suzuki, do NOT
overbend well out of the box.  They squeal in the manner often
exhibited by Lee Oskar/Tombo, Huang and other harmonicas of Asian
manufacture.  You can read more about it, and how to solve it, here:
http://www.patmissin.com/ffaq/q17.html.  The Fire Breath and Pure
Harp from Suzuki don't seem to have this problem.

I don't own any other models of Seydel aside from my one 1847, but
I've played a few others, and I found in my anecdotal experience
that the 1847 overblows better than those others.

-tim