[Harp-L] Re: Correctly Naming a More Ordinary Blowing Technique

"So...  If over-blowing raises the pitch... what is the name of the
ordinary technique, available to us on even the most tetanus-infested
shoddily-produced diatonic that will lower say the 5 hole anywhere
from a half to a whole step downward.
I discovered that one a long time ago by accident, got better at it
once I realized Jimmy Reed was using it... not by accident, but I've
never known what that occultism-of-harp is called.
Brad Trainham"

If you can blow-bend hole 5 down in pitch by a whole step, you are using a
mighty weird tuning.  The only time I've heard anything like that from one
of my harps was right before the reed broke, when it no longer behaves
normally.

Jonathan Metts