Re: [Harp-L] Re:Be Here Now

--- SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I remember that  book being written by Richard
> Alpert , AKA Babarandas,
> during his experimental  time along with Timothy
> Leary with LSD.

I happen to have a copy of "Be Here Now" here in
front of me (I collect books). Gary is absolutely
correct. It was was first published in 1971 (Year
of the Earth Monkey) by the "Lama Foundation"
(dist. by Crown Publishing).

It says it was written by "Dr. Richard Alpert, Ph.D
Into Baba Ram Dass"

Although it is true that Dr. Alpert was into the
Timothy Leary LSD scene in the '60s, the book is
about his personal journey into spirituality which
involved his finding and following a spiritual
teacher and embracing the Hindu ideology of
teaching and serving others.

Fabulous book. I love the dedication: "To
Maharaj-Ji of whose blessing this is a
manifistation."

Harp content:
I have no idea whether Dr. Alpert (aka Ram Das)
played or plays harmonica, but if he did (does) I'm
sure he was(is) quite unattached.

Namaste

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.