[Harp-L] Great Butterfiled at Monterrey

It funny. I like that clip but I realize how I have changed. The beginning with the trumpet, I can imagine playing either a duet or a call and response with the horns. Howard Levy and Toots Thielmenans has made its way into the musical vocabulary and nobody thought about that much.
John Mayall did put together a "Jazz Blues Fusion" with
Blue Mitchell and Clifford Solomon and there was same interesting interplays. The problem was Blue Mitchell was much more musically advanced than Mayall and it became obvious fast.
But as I always concluded, if it weren't for Mayall and Butt, many of us would have never picked up the harp in the first place. Just like Tony Glover was not the best teacher, but he was the first to really talk about cross harp and the positions and give us the fundamentals to work with.

E-mail message checked by PC Tools Spyware Doctor (5.0.0.185)
Database version: 5.07331
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/