Re: [Harp-L] Blue Mitchell and John Mayall

That Jazz Blues Fusion album with Mayall and Blue
Mitchell, was a big influence on me.

It was the first time it dawned on me that there
was even a connection between blues (which I'd
already fallen in love with), and jazz, (which
until then, had been completely incomprehensible to
me).

The fact that blues harp and jazzy horns were
peacefully co-existing, making very cool,
interesting and exciting music, opened a large
musical door for me as a listener and a budding
harp wanna-be. "Good Times Boogie" was sooo cool!

Shortly afterwards I discovered Brubeck, Coltrane
and Miles.

Thanks Mr. Mayall. :-)

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.