[Harp-L] Re: What to do prior to a Gindick jamcamp in Portland on Wed 23rd and Thurs 24th of May

Tony-
Sorry I missed your message. I usually read harp-l more often, but I've missed a few issues due to work. I've got a BIG ad campaign breaking this week, and it's kept me busier than a pair of jumper cables at a Mexican funeral. (I'm Hispanic; I can say that.)

I'm one of the instructors at this Jam Camp, and look forward to meeting you. Be sure to look me up when you get there.

In Portland, perhaps one of the best jams going is at Duff's Garage:

http://www.duffsgarage.com/

Suburban Slim of the Strange Tones (www.strangetones.com) hosts a dynamite jam on Wednesday night, with some of the areas top musicians dropping by. I have yet to meet a "slouch" player at that jam; they're all top notch. Last time I visited, I jammed with Vyasa Dodson of the Insomnicas (http://www.myspace.com/insomniacsblues). They just got signed by Delta Groove. You can hear a Vyasa and me on my website, under "music". Slim is usually joined by Marco Savo, another great guitarists, and backed by Slim's drummer, J.D. Huge. This guy has to be heard to be believed... SO back, great dynamics, incredible feel and timing. One of the finest drummers I've EVER heard, period.

There's a jam Thursday night at the Steinhaus on 82nd Avenue. I was invited by host and top regional harp player Jim Wallace, who is backed at the jam by Paris Slim and Jimi Bott (not a bad drummer himself!). I haven't made it out there yet, but soon.

Just south of Portland, in the city of Tualatin, is another jam at "Out of the Blues". If you need details, let me know.

For more info, your best bet is to visit www.portlandblues.com Click on "when".

Look forward to seeing you at the Jam Camp; we're gonna have a great time.

Ray Beltran.
--
My Music
www.resgraphics.com/music