[Harp-L] Recommended Scales on chrom?

Hi folks,
I recently bought a chromatic book from Mel Bay,think the author is Bobbie Joe Holzman.
Very comprehensive study of the chrome and quite user friendly,having said that , he covers approximately 14 different scales on a C chrom and speaking personally,even in a lifetime I could never learn off all these, less commit them to memory!
My question is; aside from the Dorian (3rd pos stuff,which I love!), what other modes would you quys suggest are the more important,/relevant scales to work on.
I tend towards Smith,Clarke ,Delay etc but also appreciate Toots' Bluesette for example and listening to Smith's "Peg",its clear he is "pulling the trigger"occasionally ,ie not merely playing Dorian.
For instance,what modes would the Harmonica gangs (Rascals etc )have used most frequently?
Any advice appreciated.
Sean