Re: [Harp-L] Lynwood Slim

Richard Duran(Lynwood Slim) has been on the scene for quite some time, recording many CDs
with the creme of the crop of west coast blues players including Junior Watson, Kid Ramos,
Larry Taylor and Richard Innes. Slim has a nice laid back vocal style and very nice approach
to authentic style blues harp. Of note, Slim did produce a live recording release of Walter Horton for Jerry Hall's
Pacific blues label(live at UnionStation, Minn). I have a had a chance to play with him a few times, and he is
a first rate musiician. Some of my favorite recordings by him would be
Big Rhythm Combo- Too small to dance(w/kid Ramos)
Lost in America(w/junior Watson)
Back to Back(w/ Junior Watson)
HB

-----Original Message----- From: jazmaan@xxxxxxxxxxx <dmf273@xxxxxxxxx> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Sent: Thu, 24 May 2007 18:35:02 -0700 (PDT) Subject: [Harp-L] Lynwood Slim

I'm not familiar with him, but harmonica player "Lynwood Slim" has just been
added to the growing
list of harp players featured on the October 13-20 Blues Cruise from San Diego
to the Mexican
Riviera., joining Taj Mahal, Lee Oskar, Rod Piazza, and Curtis Salgado. Does
anyone here know of
Mr. Slim?