Re: [Harp-L] Range

On 5/25/07, Ken Hildebrand <airmojoken@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think it has more to do with maintaining the
reed gap.  The extra weight could cause the gap to
change.

Seydel mentions this on their website somewhere...
I will have see if I can find it.

Ken H in OH

I'll repeat that I agree with Vern, and can't see a way that the own weight of the reeds can change the gaps. I also do not believe that this could be detrimental to the valves. As much as I respect my friends at Seydel, the fact that they write it on their website doesn't make it true. Of course, if others have different experiences from mine, I'll be glad to hear about them.

Maybe we should play extra low harmonicas in the vertical to guarantee
the correct gaping?

Cheers,
Fernando