Re: [Harp-L] Superstars in pop/rock music

"Tim Moyer" <wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just to clarify, Chris said that he had played with "people who work
> with some of the superstars in pop/rock music", and I was attempting
> to give some substantiation to the claim.  I happen to be a HUGE
> Tony Levin fan from his groundbreaking work with Robert Fripp,
> Adrian Belew and Bill Bruford in King Crimson in the early 80s,

i was lucky enough to see him play with govt mule a few times
during their "deep end" era, and he is a monster bass player.
regardless of who else he has played with, for a large portion
of the rock world he is a superstar in his own right.

and before this thread got diverted into arguments about who
is or is not a superstar, chris' posts were about getting real connections
to the larger music industry, not the relative backwaters that most
harp lives in.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.
do something.