Re: [Harp-L] Bose PA (the one with cylinder "tower")

In a message dated 5/27/2007 2:03:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ceudoazul@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Has  anyone used the Bose L 1 (or L 2) PA with a band in a small venue?
Did you mic the amp, run the harp mic through a tube preamp (for tube  sound)?
DId the guitar play through the PA  and the  vocals?
I am impressed with the sound and application of the Bose  after hearing a
jazz guitarist, Charles Carlton, using it last year at his  gigs (and he stood
in at a loud outdoor gig where we had professional  sound  and he cut through).
I could hear him on stage better then I could  hear myself through my amp (15
watt Valco Oahu miced into PA) and  monitor.
If I stand in and bring the Bose, what situations present  problems?
If the Bose was used for small gigs with two guitars  (playing at moderate
levels with 15 to 30 watt amps), drummer, harp, vocals-  what is the result.

I've posted a lot of info on this very subject, using the BOSE PAS for the
last 2 years in all types of situations. Refer to the archives -

The Iceman