Re: [Harp-L] What are the simplest and best diatonic practicestrategies/meth...

By not thinking of the melodic line as a SCALE, more music is allowed to
flow through the series of notes - simply a choice of these particular notes.
Try it on harmonica with your major diatonic scale beginning on 4 hole
exhale. Don't think scale - think melodic line.

VERY good advice, indeed, Larry. My teacher, who makes me practice scales ("You must, absolutely..."), insists that, while practicing, I try to be MELODIC line while doing so. Same thing.

Sunnyside