[Harp-L] ] Re: Never Call Out Stevie Wonder at a Blues Jam

Well, I don' know where to begin. First of all how do you define "Blues"? its a feeling and those feelings can be expressed in so many positions and chord changes- Hey the more the merrier.
This discusison sounds like those from the 60s when peopel were trying to determine what was "folk music" If folks play it, then it must be folk music Can you consider the Rooling Stones and the Allman Brothers Blues ?
If you consider Count Basie blues than why not Duke Ellington . and If Ellington why not George Gershwin?
I cant believe some one is going to get mad becasue you play "Autumn Leaves" at a Jam session. I thought we got pass that.
If you can play in a dfferent position besides cross than there are a bunch of folks (like me) who would love to hear  what you have to say and how you say it.
If  Walter Horton, Charlie Musselwhite and Kim Wilson can throw Latin "Tinge" stuff into the mix, the door is open to everybody. Why are some people so closed minded?

E-mail message checked by PC Tools Spyware Doctor (5.0.0.186)
Database version: 5.07410
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/