[Harp-L] Electro Voice RE10 dynamic cardioid mic

Dear List,
Can anyone tell me what the specs is on an XLR (female) cable for an EV RE10 mic? I tried using my Hohner Blues Blaster XLR cable (female head with quarter inch male end) and it did not work. Are these cables specific for each mic or is this a redundant feature?

Not sure if my second question is related to the first- my amp is a Fender Blues Junior- does that matter?