[Harp-L] Playing country

I played harp in an alt.country band that did a lot of classic stuff-Willie Nelson, Roy Acuff, Hank Sr, etc. So I have a take on this.
I'd say there some times I usually hear/don't hear in country harp playing-

1. 2nd position is used almost always. (I'ver never heard 3rd position harp in a country song, but maybe someone here has)
2. No tongue slaps, so pucker is probably the preferred embouchure (disclaimer-hey, you never know)
3. Never or rarely heard at the same time vocals are on.
4. Less angular rhythms than blues harp.

Charlie McCoy and Mickey Raphael are two great players to listen to here, as many here will agree.
BTW, I've been invited to sit in on harp with bluegrass mandolin God Frank Wakefield tomorrow night here in upstate New York.
He does "Pistol Packin' Mama" so fast I may have to pull out some Hail Mary licks for my solos. I'll be OK on the other stuff.
Wish me luck.

-Glenn Weiser