From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of mike wesolowski
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 10:26 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Danelectro Commander amp

Saw a Dano Commander on ebay and it's up to almost $1600.00 now and
still has about 8 days to go.  The original buy it now price was almost
$5,000.00.   Some folks claim that this is one of the amps that Little
Walter played through.  I think that myth has been discounted.
According to Louis and Dave Myers and also Jimmy Rogers, who all played
with Little Walter in the 50s, no one can remember what amps he played
through.  I think he played through what ever was available at the time.
I read that anyone who claimed that this is "THE Little Walter Amp"
either doesn't know what he's talking about or is trying to sell you
something.   Does anyone here own one or has anyone played through one?
It seems to be a pretty cool amp, but I can't imagine that it sounded
all that great with those shallow speaker enclosures. Still, I'm curious
about the amp.
Mike "Wezo" Wesolowski
www.bluesworldorder.net
www.myspace.com/harpwezo