[Harp-L] Lone Wolf Harp Delay Review

This is a repost from my site http://www.harpgear.com but this pedal is so good I wanted to get the word out.  I am in no way affiliated with Lone Wolf at all and this is as honest a review as I can give.  Kudos to Randy over there for coming out with this pedal.  I have been using it even more since the review a week ago and I continue to be impressed.  I just got done playing it against a few other pedals again tonight and it is amazing what a difference there is between the pedals.

  Begin Repost

    This week I have been working with a Lone Wolf Delay Pedal from my friend Randy over at Lone Wolf.  I've compared it to the Ibanez AD-9, and the Boss DM-2 Pedal which are pedals I've used in the past to add a little delay.   On Randy's site he says, "This is a digital delay that has has all of the warmth of an analog delay and then some." That's something I have heard from other companies who make digital pedals.   I am happy to report that it does sound as good as the analog pedals I have played if not better.  I spent a lot of time playing pedal against pedal and trying a lot of different settings.  This pedal will give a variety of sound and offers you up to 300ms of delay which should be enough for anyone.  There is no tone suck with any of my mics as the pedal is designed to be used with harp mics.  It's not a pedal you are going to get only to void the warranty by modifiying it to work with mics properly.  It is set and ready to go.  It's pretty much a no frills
 product that is going to get the job done and done well.  It is built like a tank and should stand up to all the rigors of the road.  In the end I like the Lone Wolf Delay best out of the pedals  have used for adding delay or reverb.  It's going to be my new recommendation when people ask me what pedal I prefer to make my sound a little wetter.  I like the pedal enough that I am going to start bringing it out with me on the road to demo with my amps.  To me, that is the highest endorsement I can give of a product.  I want my amps to sound their best when people demo them.  I feel comfortable with how this pedal will make my amps sound when people ask to try the amp with delay.  I know it won't take anything away from the amp and it will just enhance an already great tone.  You can contact Randy via email or through his site if you have any other questions.

  End Repost

  Thanks,

  Brian

Brian Purdy