[Harp-L] the modern age

I have been trying to figure out how to do mobile recordings with my laptop,
but the laptop is old,  need to upgrade the RAM, get a new battery (we want
to record way out in the woods in a little camp) get a stereo mic, mic
stand, then I'd need some kind of USB input and you can see the cost adds
up. Finally slowly it has dawned on me that I could buy a Zoom H2 which runs
on batteries, and can do double duty as a USB mic when necessary for
substantially less money. I went to the Yahoo list where all the harp-l
posts are posted, typed in a search for Zoom H2 and got the whole list
discussion. Wow. Truly cool. Thanks guys.

--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com