Re: [Harp-L] Seydel Black favorite

you probably already know this but here goes.  different types of saliva can create a sticking of reeds if you have something sweet to drink or even beer.  i usually brush my teeth just before i play but i also make sure that i rince all toothpaste out really well i also try to get in the habit of swallowing exess saliva while i play if i can.

----- Original Message ----
From: drori hammer <drori_hammer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, November 6, 2007 11:39:25 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Seydel Black favorite

Hi
  I have recently been trying out some Seydel harps. I love the 1847, and the "solist pro" in C that I have is a really nice harp, too. The only problem I am having is withthe "Black favorite " in G. Generally it is a really nice, airtight harp, well tuned and gapped. When playing at home, I really love it. However, for a reason I have`nt figured out yet, some reeds will unexpectedly not respond - I`m in the middle of a phrase and suddenly one note is missing, drawing a blank. This has happend to me during a gig a few times. When I check the harp the next day, it plays fine again. I open up the covers and it LOOKS fine too, gaps just right and all.
  Before y'all rush to your keybords to tell me that my technique is wrong, I will state that I have been performing for 18 years, on a multitude of different model harps, and know how to adjust my technique to different harps, with different gaps and qualities. I have never met a harp like this, which 90% of the time is GREAT, and out of the blue fails on me.
  Has anyone else experienced this with this model, or did I maybe buy one individual faulty harp?

Dov Hammer
www.dovhammer.com
www.myspace.com/dovhammer