Re: [Harp-L] Excessive salivating (yuck)

I try to keep myself hydrated at all times but fall short of the mark at times. What I was taught is if your thirsty your already dehydrated, Caffeine and alcohol are diuretics (make you pee)<(G rated version)which will dehydrate you. I also use an alcohol free mouth rinse called Bioteen which is specifically made as a dry mouth remedy.......... As for excess....................swallow...........................not the harp.

..........................Dane Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "mike reid" <shrimpdaddymike@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <venkyr@xxxxxxx>; "dennis moriarty" <dmoriarty@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 11:39 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Excessive salivating (yuck)

I drink gin. dry's my pallet and it's good LOL

----- Original Message ---- From: "venkyr@xxxxxxx" <venkyr@xxxxxxx> To: dennis moriarty <dmoriarty@xxxxxxxxxx> Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Sent: Wednesday, November 7, 2007 10:22:36 AM Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Excessive salivating (yuck)

Dennis,
I have been there before. I never eat fries, spicy or salty food or even food with garlic or capsaicins before playing. Sometimes the metal plate on harps like the 1923 Vintage Hering can induce salivation- while at other times, its just the restaurant aroma.

I found some of these to be quite helpful though-
(a) Cinnamon spice, ginger tea (sugarless)
(b) A small glass of Chardonnay or Merlot (Smokin' Loon)
(c) Cepacol or other mouth rinse. Listerine even sells pocket versions- the sting is unavoidable but momentary.