[Harp-L] Blending harp with recordings

I came into the discussions on the Digitech RP200 late. I was in a band at the time discussion about Pods and the Digitech were being
discussed. A few weeks ago I parted with the band I was in after 4 years. I decided to go a different direction in music and the only
way to do that is to compose it on a computer and go out as a solo performer. I'm focusing on jazz, blues and other styles built on a world beats and rhythms.
Composing and playing your own gives you time to do it right without worrying about fellow musicians being able to fill the slot or bringing personal problems into the band.

Anyway, I checked GC and MF online only to find the Digitech RP200 isn't listed. I'm assuming it was discontinued. My goal is to blend the harp
with the music composed on a laptop/Powerbook.

Not finding it did give me a chance to check, listen and review the effects and processers on the Musician's Friend website. Only one piece of gear
mentioned being specifically for laptop musicians. It is the TC Electronic Konnekt Live. It has I/O's for compressing vocals and instruments to match
the cd or laptop played thru it. It can also be used by dj's for blending vocals over record samples and scratches. It's basically a live compressor w/effects
for one musician bands.

The unit front panel controls are simple. All effects readings are done via your laptop/powerbook but the effects remains in the unit for realtime use so they don't slow down the laptop. Pricey but worth it based on the reviews. $699.99

I decided after playing harp for close to 35 years that I'm tired of playing in the shadow of someone else's harp styles or learning other peoples music playing in
cover bands. My wife likes the material I'm writing so I know she will finally come to my gigs.

I'll write the music geared toward my level of playing ability and progress with it or die trying.:)

mike