[Harp-L] Seydel circular

What confuses me: are references to "circular" tuning (i.e. Seydel) the same
as spiral tuning? It appears so, but I'm not so technically adept as to be
able to recognize it.

Cheers
Ian

  Ian,
  Yes, it is the same. As far as I know, Seydel is the first of the big manufacturers to make it and they decided to call it circular. The only difference really is the naming, Seydel names it after the 1 blow note, while the scale starts at 2 draw. But, You get a G circular, you can play in G on it easy, as well as several other keys. I play comfortable in seven keys on one.

  Dave