[Harp-L] Re : Here's a little howlin wolf

Mike Reid sez :

Check it out awesome

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J1q7vnyweq0

Hurricane sez :

A wonderful display of less is best on his harp chops . Note no amp , straight to the P.A. with the same EQ and if any FXs . Nice tone , my near field Denon monitors sound good and I use them to evaluate my recording projects so they give me a good sense of direction as far as what sounds right or is being played right or NOT .

so ...

Technical critic aside ....

Showmanship is something sought after by all serious full time performers and not always achieved . What Wolf did on this video of just under 10 minutes on a 3 chord Blues progression was pure  art , what a man  ....

One song - -

10 minutes long and hitting his audience square in the face with his brilliance , pausing from moment to moment , building tension and then making it all work and make beautiful sense and then sitting down and doing a whole nuther set of facial character expressions for the next turn around that some how make it all fresh and new again , & his look ma no hands stuff ....... Was that slick or what ! :)

As I said showmanship is something some people really never master on a personal level in Wolf's , Muddy's and the big guys in the big time music league  .

How they put their personal touch to songs that each of them do/did and make these songs sound different from performer to monster performer is what separates the wheat from the chaff .

Your personal delivery is the essence of your being and what it is and how it affects your audience .

The Audience attending Wolf's performance  :

You can hear it in the audiences reaction and see it in wolf's face as he recognized  their looks on their faces as he watched them and did his stuff .

Wolf the master at his craft . You ( at least I ) can see his resolute conscience mind drinking in the audience and feeling them out as maybe he thought , :

" Yep I nailed it "

And then on to the next song and how to deliver the goods again :) .

Hmmmmmm I am visualizing now what he might have been thinking at that moment  .......

I have thought it some what the same way as I observe my audiences in the past and or in the present too , especially when winging it live on stage

no net ,

no set list .....

and maybe a improvised groove is popped out when a new musician takes the stage on a given night playing to a crowd with me and my crew .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramon

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx