[Harp-L] Loud amp for loud band

In a message dated 11/13/2007 2:04:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
_special20harp@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:special20harp@xxxxxxxxx)   writes:

Vince-
Geez, what are you so angry about?  If you  read my first post on this topic,
you will see I wrote "I'd quit the band," as  in ME!  It is what *I* would
do.  I also recommended ear plugs or  in-ear montors.  I don't understand your
over-the top resentment at my  post.

Scott, altho your subsequent posts revealed useful and  compelling
suggestions, I can see how your first post appeared to  be glib.  We are on this list to
give and get useful  information.
I felt the same way when I once received a reply  to a post of mine which
asked a technical question about  reedwork.  Because the suggestion was simply
"Buy a new  harp", it seemed to show little appreciation for the value of
maintaining a  great playing harp, or of good playing instruments vs. junk.  I wrote
 it off (till now, ha) as just an off-the-cuff, glib reply that meant no harm
(it  just didn't help).  Same with, "me too" posts - they waste our time.
ron