[Harp-L] Re: Loud Dynamics

I want to move this string into the realm of dynamics.

It' not about playing loud or quiet.  My pet peeve when seeing bands is
groups that compress the dynamics: volume dynamics AND tempo dynamics.  A
band can effectively be as loud as a cannon for a section of a show or
song and make it work if they also are as quiet as a whisper.  It's what
made bands like Led Zeppelin or most of the bands I like (although I love
the Ramones).  When a band is loud and then drop it to nothing with that
great snare shot...my knees get weak.  But quiet (not counting acoustic)
can get tired unless inspired.  You have to hear that snare go crack!

Tempo is another area where bands end up playing Medium fast, medium, and
medium slow...all at the same volume.

Clay

PS:  Poor Vince Meghrouni   ;}

--
*ToST Music site, Shows, Tours, Recordings, Rock & Roll/Blues/Harmonica
Adventures:

***For The Leadership Ranch, Low and High Ropes/challenge/team and personal
effectiveness courses:
http://www.leadershipranch.com

* For Structurally Insulated Panels / energy efficient building technologies:
http://www.sipenergysystems.com

Clayton Goldstein
500 Lake Ave  #13
Lake Worth FL  33460