Re: [Harp-L] Stevie Wonder Question.

Stevie's sound on the chromatic harmonica is unique. Even when he plays
a single note, his way of approaching or leaving it with a slide in
pitch, similar to his singing approach, his vibrato and his tonal
coloring make him both instantly identifiable and widely imitated by
other players.

His melodic vocabulary is also tuneful, relatively simple and therefore
easily recognized, as is often the case with famous instrumental
soloists whatever instrument they may play. Details of how he uses the
mechanics of the instrument, such as the ornaments he adds with the
chromatic slide, add to his highly personal and easily identified
style.

Winslow