[Harp-L] Fat Dog Amps

Hi Spec20,

That was me! I love my FatDog! What would you like to know?

You can contact me off list at Robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here is a copy of the message I posted earlier:

One of the loudest scenes I ever participated in was the S. FLorida
Blues Society  Harmonica Blowout. When their vintage Bassman dies I
volunteered my FatDog harp amp (by Rob Robinson). It's only around 30
watts, held back a bit by a 12AU7. I set the volume mid-range to
minimize feedback and mic'd the amp thru the PA. Not only did it hold
it's own nicely, with amazing tone, but all the top harp players in
the area, who were worried aobut using this amp they never heard of,
were mostly amazed by tone tone. Many of them came up to me
afterwards asking about this amp.

In my local blues bar, the Backroom, the house band that plays for
the open mic is extremely loud too...I have to wear earplugs most of
the time (yes, tinnitus, of course). But the FatDog holds its own
there as well, without micing it at all. I really love this little
amp - shows you what good design can do with off the shelf parts to
build the most affordable harp amp I know of. Yes, I still covet a
Sonny Jr., and would love to get oone some day when and if I can ever
afford it. Meanwhile, the FatDog takes most of the sting off not
having a Sonny Jr., at least for me.

- Robert
aka, RawHarp (on BushmanMusic forum)
www.rawfoodlife.com