From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Trip Henderson
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:01 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Gary Primich

Gary and I first met many years ago back in the early 90's when Kevin
Magowan was blazing trails with the first on-line harp supply outfit run by
a harp player, for players. Kevin being a huge fan was tight with all the
big boys and introduced me to host of fine players and techs including Joe
Filisko, Richard Sleigh, Kim Wilson and many others. But it was Gary that I
really connected with.  We both shared a love of country and soul music,
styles that he Incorporated so beautifully into his unique sound.  We
discovered that we both liked to warm up before blues gigs by playing fiddle
tunes, like P.T. Gazell's version of OFF TO CALIFORNIA.  Well, recently the
boys in my band who are close to Steve James pulled all of Gary's acoustic
stuff from his and Steve's recordings, often with the amazing Marc Rubin on
bass/tuba.  This is my favorite material by Gary, he had a great acoustic
tone!!!!.  Anyway I asked them to make a compilation of those tunes and one
piece that I had not heard before just broke my heart.  It's called FEEL
LIKE GOING HOME. I've no idea which recording its from but it is a weeper!
A slow soulful ballad steeped in country and soul - not at all a blues.  He
sings and plays it with such heart.  Go find it and check it out, you'll be
glad you did!

Another good man done gone....
--
Trip Henderson