Re: [Harp-L] re: Autumn leaves

I concur with George Brooks on this. The original melody is completely
diatonic in this stretch.

In A minor:

But I miss you most of all = E E F F D D B

In September = F F E E

When Autumn leaves = A D C B

start to fall = C B A

Some of these notes could be slightly different (D instead of E, B
instead of F, etc.), but the main alternatives are all from within the
A minor scale.

Singers and instrumentalists often do clever things with a melody, but
those clever things usually stay unique to that performer.

Winslow