[Harp-L] Autumn Leaves (Les Feuilles Morte)

Why not get the original sheet music for "The Dead Leaves" and learn to
play it "correctly"? Or, if the desired arrangement was played by another
artist, get the sheet music for that arrangement.

Wikipedia indicates several popular arrangements:

1945 - Les Feuilles Morte, music by Joseph Kosma, French lyrics by Jacques Prevert
1946 - Les Feuilles Morte, sung by Yves Montand in the movie "Les Portes de la Nuit"
1949 - English lyrics by Johnny Mercer
1955 - Autumn Leaves, #1 hit (instrumental) by Roger Williams
1956 - Sung by Nat King Cole in the movie "Autumn Leaves"
1965 - Autumn Leaves, chorus added; another hit for Roger Williams

There are probably enough covers of the song to make just about any version "correct,"
IFF "correct" means duplicating that particular arrangement. Another way to approach it
is to play it the way YOU think it SHOULD be - Voila! You then have your own
arrangement.

Yeah, I know, I've missed the entire point, which is to stir up discussion on Harp-L.

C'est la vie!
Aberrant Bob