[Harp-L] RON - MySpace harp video

Mark, being a harp player as well as a one man band, u might appreciate
this.  The guy who posted this is one of the Harp-L players i most  respect.  When
he speaks, i listen.  But i can't DL this because  I'm on dial-up and I can't
save MySpace videos like i do U Tube.
  If u open this, lemme know what u think and if there is a way i can  view
it.   _http://www.myspace.com/andredaneau_ (http://www.myspace.com/andredaneau)

ron
-----------------------
His post:

Thanks for sharing the link to your myspace page ( http://
www.myspace.com/andredaneau ).  I particularly like the video and  the
more traditional pieces--the mixture of foot drumming and  harmonica
here really works wonderfully for a sort of old-time feel to  the
music--a sense of immediacy and intimacy often found on older  folk
recordings.  This is especially true for "Gazelle Bleue"--my  favorite
piece on the site, the simplicity is just so compelling and  your
playing (and footwork) is fantastic.  You're harmonica  playing has a
sort of understated elegance in general (even when doing  fairly fast
runs and difficult technical stuff), and on that   piece it merges
particularly well with the frenetic footwork, creating  a bit of
tension which really drives the music forward.

I know  there is a harmonica tradition in Quebecois music, and it's
good to  see that being carried on.  But is foot-drumming also
traditional?  Whether it is or not, you do it amazingly well.  Now  if
you only added a guitar you'd have a one-man band:).

Great stuff, and thanks again for sharing this.

JR  "Bulldogge" Ross

products.