[Harp-L] Changing melodies to fit an instrument

There is a BIG difference between taking a melody that you can play and simplifying it and taking a melody you can't play and making it simple enough to play. It's kind of the difference between a Ferrari going 60 mph on the West Side Highway and a VW going 60 on the same highway.

Some melodies that are easy on the chromatic are very hard on the diatonic. I can play Juke on the chromatic but would never choose that instrument for the piece. I can play Autumn Leaves on the Diatonic without the D#, but why choose that instrument?

BTW, if you wonder why I switch corners to play Bach, just watch Madcat in this uTube shot. At least I don't have to go to my dentist and get me teeth put back in!! Madcat is the MAN!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEhApQmsozc&feature=related

I need to know how to put video footage onto uTube. Is it hard?

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio