RE: [Harp-L] Anyone taken Harp lessons by phone or webcam?

I saved a bunch of YouTube videos to help me learn at home (I live in a
small town too). There are some good pieces there, but you need to use a
site like Keepvid to store them on your computer, and a Flicker viewer
(free, available in many versions online) to watch them.

Adam Gussow seems the most accomplished, but there are some useful pieces by
others, depends on your own level of expertise. While a lot of the people
showing off their talents are good players, they're not very good teachers
and tend to give too little lesson and too much "listen to me". Adam is fair
as a teacher.

Search for harmonica lessons and see what comes up. While you're at it,
there are some interesting vintage harmonica videos that you should enjoy. I
also found a couple of blues videos I saved to play along with. I find
playing along a really good tool for learning and I enjoy trying to recreate
the sounds someone a lot better than I can produce.
Ian

Ian Chadwick
Web: www.ianchadwick.com
Forum & blog: www.ianchadwick.com/forum/