Re: [Harp-L] Harmonicas Shipped to Troops in Iraq, Afghanistan

I love harmonicas as much as the next bonehead, but if anyone is interested in donating something actually useful to the troops, check out http://www.operation-helmet.org/

This site collects donations to buy helmet pads for the troops, which are not in the helmets all of our troops. (Insert your own inference to explain why our troops have not all been issued this rather inexpensive and vital protection.) These pads are comfortable (so the troops don't constantly feel like removing their helmets) and cut down significantly on the brain injuries suffered by our troops when they are near exploding bombs.

I know about this site because I played on a song for them. You can hear the song at

http://www.operation-helmet.org/amanda-gracie.html

Ken