[Harp-L] Melody Makers in ET Suck

I'm against politics, in favor of religion, afraid of dope, hate television, love sex guns and economic and evolutionary theories.  But you want to talk Harmonica? Specifically you want to talk exclusively about making music on the harmonica. I hope you don't mind me talking about how to tune a harmonica.  Cause I know you don't know how to tune one.  Every file head in the world seems to understand that melody makers are made that way because melody makers can be tuned to five limit just intonation.  But there are at least two excellent players in the world that endorse equal temperament.  Why don't you sit down with a pencil and paper and figure out why your minor tuned harps sound so good in equal temperament.  Quick answer, five, seven, and twelve steps are the same in both systems.  You actually sold me on the minor harp some time ago.  I've since discovered how you can tolerate equal temperament.  The issues are related.  You offered to send me
 back that melody maker with the bad draw reed in the one channel.  Why don't you send it to Doc at Harp Depot, 827 North Main Street,Marion, OH 46163, and tell him to throw it in with the Harps for Troops.  Suggest that Doc take a look at the one draw reed and send me the bill the next time I make a purchase.  I was going to suggest that you look at it, But, well, you know.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs