[Harp-L] Harp-L is well represented in the Big Easy!

Thanks to harp-L listmate Harvey Berman we had a wonderful time in New Orleans this past weekend, and I warned him I would tell y'all: if you're goin' to N'Awlins, you can't do better than to wrangle Harvey into showin' you around!

Walkin' down Bourbon Street we'd pop into a club and within seconds he was invited up on stage to play with his pals!  He even got me on stage, with no hesitation from the bands (brave souls!)  What fun!

Whether touring the quarter, uptown, or across Ol' Muddy in Algiers or anywhere else, Harvey was warmly welcomed by friends wherever we went, and he represented harp players brilliantly with his warm wit and easy manner, and of course his tasteful and melodic harp playing.

And seeing/hearing Jumpin' Johnny Sansone at his birthday party at Liuzza's, pushing locomotive-strong soulful tone through his chromatic (and many other great players, check out Sunpie Barnes!) was a terrific treat!

It's great to have this on-line community, and to share it in person just makes it even better!

Thanks Harvey, and thanks Harp-L!

-Dave Fertig
http://elmtreeblues.org/