Re: [Harp-L] Toots Hard Bopper

I've been listening to alot of Gary Primich's music
the past couple of weeks.

Gary was another great chromatic player, as well as
diatonic player.

I've been stuck on his "Texas Love Kit" song from his
"Dog House Music" CD, listening to it several dozen
times and trying to learn it.

I believe he is using a Bb chromatic, playing in 3rd
position, and uses the slide quite a bit.  What a
cool song !

Unfortunately, I don't currently have a Bb chromatic,
so I used the Audacity software to convert it to the
key of D so that I could learn it using a C chromatic.

God bless you Gary, and thank you for your music!

I think trying to learn chromatic and diatonic at the
same
time can be more fun than just learning one or the
other
(may also depend on how long you've been "learning").

Of course, there's all kinds of levels of complexity,
so try to learn songs that don't seem impossible.

Third position songs on chromatic are not that
difficult,
and having one (like "Texas Love Kit") that uses the
slide
makes it more challenging and still possible.

Now Norton Buffalo's chromatic playing seems way more
difficult... someday... always good to have targets
and
goals.

Ken H in OH

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC