[Harp-L] Craig's Harmonicookies - Secret Recipe!

Hey Fellow harp-l'ers!

     Just in time for the holidays coming up (sooner than you think!), I
have decided to release my carefully guarded recipe ... based on an original
George Washington Carver recipe, and said to be a favorite of Hudie
Ledbetter, or Leadbelly! He was a big man and was said to eat a whole batch,
at one sitting, with a half-gallon of milk, as a mid-morning snack! He
turned Johnny Shines on to it, who passed it to Lockwood (may he rest in
peace!). I got it from a member of his band, here in Cleveland, who shall
remain nameless. The use of a harp mic grill is my idea.  It gives these
cookies that unmistakeable "bite!" If you use "Viper butter", and "forget"
to clean your grill; Lee Oskar's repair-kit is handy for chiseling out the
stuck bits of dough!
     Knowing this list, I'm sure debate will *RAGE *about:

     "What's the best grill to use; *Astatic* or *Shure*?  blah, blah,
blah!".
I am anticipating the threads, but GLAD I have *harp-l digest*! :)

Enjoy, Use in Moderation and last ... but certainly not LEAST!

Remember to *CLEAN YOUR GRILL!!!*
**
*Craig's Harmonicookies!*
**
*Ingredients:*
*
*
a) 1/2 cup "Viper" butter ( if unavailable, use regular butter or margarine!
)
b) 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter ( Peter Pan ROCKS! )
c) 1 cup "Integration" sugar (1/2 Brown + 1/2 White!)
d) 1 hen egg ( if unavailable, a duck or a goose egg may be used ... just
not one that's too big!0)
e) 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract ( look for: "cruelty-free, or "free
range", whenever practical! )
 f)  1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted through the grill of a Sonny
Junior Cruncher ( if unavailable, use
      grill from a regular amp, or use an old-fashioned wire-sifter, or
colander! )
g)  3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda ( if unavailable, use baking soda! )
h)  1/4 teaspoon *"stage salt" ( if unavailable, regular iodized table salt
may be used! )
*
*
**
** "stage salt" is made by taking the cover plate of a SBS Hohner, setting
it on your amp, and placing a shot-glass of sweat inside it.  The heat from
the amp evaporates the water, leaving behind the salt, which is then usually
scraped into foil and placed in the spice rack for later!*
**
*Cooking Instructions:*
**
*          First, put on your favorite harp music to listen to ... maybe
some Big Walter Horton?!?*
*Then, combine peanut butter, viper (or regular) butter(s), integration
sugar, hen egg and vanilla.*
*Mix together very, very well! Flip over album. Preheat oven to 375-degrees,
fahrenheit. We don't DO celsius here, man! Next, sift together dry
ingredients and incorporate into creamed mixture.*
*Roll the dough (like your back ain't got no bone!) into 1-inch balls; roll
in granulated sugar.*
*Put on "East/West", by Paul Butterfield. Take your favorite harp mic,
remove the grill, then take off the cloth, or any liner, so that you just
have the naked grill. place balls on an ungreased cookie-sheet, 2-inches
apart. Rub front and back of mic grill lightly with oil, or spray with
cooking spray, such as PAM. While playing your best 2-draw bend, press the
mic grill on top of each dough ball, flattening it into a cookie shape!  Be
careful to lift the mic grill off slowly, so as to preserve the contiguity
of the ridges. Bake for 10-12 minutes, in the 375-degree oven.  Shures make
more ridges, Astatics make phatter ones!  Enjoy!*