Re: [Harp-L] George Carlin on white blues man...

I'm watching this thread  and thinking, why worry about wether you have lived
what the blues is, just play  it. The blues is an attitude to me. I've been
in some bad situations, I've lived  down south, I haven't picked cotton, but
I've cut tobacco in the hot sun till I  got sick from all the nicotine in my
systems from it dragging on my body. I've  been in jail, I've even drank Wild
Irish Rose wine down in the getto. Does this  make me more of a blues guy. No.
This just means I've lived on the edge at times  in my life. I much prefer how
I'm living now. I play better blues now than I did  then too. Go figure.

    The Blues Brothers movie was great and just look at what  it did for the
blues everywhere. Does it matter that I can smoke Ackroyd on the  harp, naw,
he got the gig not me. Rob is doing the gig now, I aint gonna say I  can smoke
him, but look at what the movie has done for him. The blues will never  die.
I'm so glad of that. It doesn't matter where your from, or what you've  done,
if you can play what you feel, then that what the blues is about to  me.

        Play on brutha's play on. (Damn,  I feel good today)

              Randy
         BiscuitBoy Blues

In a message dated 10/4/2007 7:51:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,