[Harp-L] CR Mkics and The SM545

          I played at a small intimate dinner-dance gig last night with one
of the bands I play with (The Little Blues Band) at low volume.  We sat in
chairs the entire evening a never done before feat with this band because
it's about as up-tempo as you can get when we build it to the top. I never
had my SJ410 over 3 on the bridged volume (bright 1 to normal 2) with 7 on
the presence and midrange and only at the end when we had 'em up dancin'.  A
very quiet and unusual night. I played my Turner 254 from Sonny Jr., my
"Sonic Blues Blaster" refitted with a hot CR element from Chuck Gurney. And,
an SM545 that I got from Tom Ellis and later spruced up by Steve Warner. I
often get people asking about my set-up, sound, etc.  But, last night I had
a few musicians ask that were very interested and amazed because at that low
volume they wanted to know how I accomplished the tone.  It's also true that
I step on an RP200A from time to time on minor key stuff and those "go to
sleep" slow blues things. All my patches supplied by Richard Hunter. But, at
low volume I was absolutely overwhelmed, myself. Sitting directly in front
of my amp I heard it all. It was like being home in a controlled environment
living room practice. I must say the technology supplied by all these
absolute harmonica geniuses "enhance the dance". I salute you all! Gear
can't make you play better! Only practice, time, and experience can do that
and those same ingredients are necessary to play well. But, gear,
sophisticated, well produced, intelligent, and fine quality is necessary if
you choose to go the amplified equipment route. The order of my
pedals..delay, reverb, and guitar modular (that is not the order of the
pedals because I have a few more) were suggested by "G"
(gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and Richard Hunter (turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx). The
mics, again, Sonny Jr. (SONNYTONE@ aol.com), Tom Ellis
(tomsmics@xxxxxxxxxxxx), Steve Warner (mudharp@xxxxxxxxxx), and the ultra
cool, Chuck Gurney (cgurney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx). And, of course, The PhD of Tone,
The Amp Professor, and the guy with more time, patience, and care than
imaginable, Gary "Sonny Jr." Onifrio for the most versatile harmonica amp
ever conceived the Sonny Jr. 410. I also praise Harp-L! This is one of the
most intelligent, well behaved, well intentioned, well managed, and loaded
with information forums of all time. The people, info, feeling, emotions,
and help are inspiring! Most my contacts are directly from this forum, and
the relationships that I have gotten from all these gentlemen that I
mentioned and the many others contacted from Harp-L are from heaven!

Be Excellent To Each Other!

Ron "Rockin' Ronny" Tuffel