[Harp-L] The Mic Repair Master! A "GIANT" Thank You!

Hi Chuck,

            Just wanted to say that I am overly happy with all your work,
turn around, customer care, and the gift was super! The new ?Sonic Blues
Blaster? is a tremendous addition to my arsenal of mics. I got a Turner 254
with a really hot CR element about the same time as I got my mics back from
you. The comparisons are similar on the response of both mics, the obvious
difference is size, but both elements are charged. The revamped SM520
actually was the surprise of the two mics. I knew you were going to fit that
Blues Blaster with a great element that?s what you do, but the set-up, ¼?
fitting, volume control knob (excellent quality) and securing the element
gives that mic a new life. So, I went from being dangerously on the edge of
having only two working mics to being in microphone heaven! I wrote a couple
of things last Sunday morning (Which appeared as Saturday on Harp-L because
of the time change from Europe to the USA) after waking up after a
wonderfully successful gig. The explanation of our encounters with my mics
and a emotionally charged exposé about all the incredible people who have
helped me to drive and steer my musical ship by providing me with the best
equipment, gear, and info out there.

            Your rapid response and fine work were a great part of this
emotional epiphany. You sensed my panic. (One of the reasons I bought the
Turner 254 was to be sure I had a truly viable back-up if time was a
factor.)  You dropped everything to get it done and on the road back and man
what a job! You are masterful!  The two things I wrote were posted on
Harp-L. But, sadly, in my hast, I gave the wrong email address on the post
about you and then needed to send a correction. I had a few guys contact me
to tell me that the email address bounced other wise I would not have known.
So, hopefully, that will all work itself out because I think that everybody
should send you their element repairs, their mic repairs, in general, and of
course their custom mic needs.

            I have been out of town again so I didn?t get back to you
immediately, but I made sure that my comrades on Harp-L got the message even
though that email address was wrong. Thank you so much again! I also forgot
to talk about the fact that you repaired elements. I was so excited that I
rushed into things without surveying the total situation. I?m sure the folks
that read Harp-L saw that I entitled the post ?Controlled Reluctance Repair?
so they will figure out what it was all about.

            If you would like to read those rather lengthy reports, go to
Harp-L, Saturday, Oct.6, 2007 the two post were from Ronald Tuffel (Ronald
is such a formal name) entitled ?Controlled Reluctance Repair? and ?Sonny
Jr./cruncher/ mics? and then the correction entitled ?Email address
correction for `Chuck Gurney` Controlled Reluctance Repairs. If you don?t
subscribe to Harp-L I believe you can go to the Harp-L Archives and find the
posts by checking the day, thread, author, or subject. The best is Google
Harp-L, click on Harp-L Archives, click on author and scroll down to my
name. Hope you have lots of time because as I said before when I?m emotional
my writing reflects that with lengthy prose.

Be excellent to yourself,

Ron

p.s. Hey Chuck, I hope you don?t mind, but I would like to post this message
because it would clear up some of the mistakes, omissions, or over-sights I
made when I wanted folks to get to know you and your work. And, the correct
email address here would be most appropriate. Charles (Chuck) Gurney:
cgurney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx