[Harp-L] it really is a small world

i was recently at a gig of my friend bob lanza's, and we were talking
during a break.  i mentioned an upcoming rob paparozzi gig.  bob said,
"oh yeah, rob is a great harp player.  he played at my wedding".  that
came as a surprise.  i thought it was pretty cool.  imagine having a
guy like that play at your wedding.

he went on to say that rob used to have a band with his brother that did
weddings, by the name of Bob Miller .  and *that* floored me.  why?
because just a week before i'd asked my wife "what was the name of
that band at our wedding?"  and she said "Bob Miller".

yep, that's right.  rob paparozzi played at my wedding, before he even
*was* rob paparozzi.  cool, huh?  someone had recommended this band,
said they were a blues band that also did wedding gigs.  we dropped in on
someone else's reception to hear them, and he played "orange blossom special"
on harp, which blew me away.  i insisted they play that at ours, as well.

i told rob about it at a gig the other night.  he got a big kick out of it.
somewhere i must have some pictures of the band.  gotta dig them
out sometime.

we just celebrated our 25th anniversary.  25 years ago i never would have
imagined i'd be playing harp, or hanging out with musicians like bob, or
knowing people like rob.  or that rob would have played not one, but
both of our weddings.

it really *is* a small world.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.
do something.