[Harp-L] Hohner MS Harps

I have about 100 MS harps, which include some Pros, Blues, and Big Rivers.  I purchased them over the last ten years, and I am in the process of Optimizing them.  My question for anyone who might know the answer is this.  The reeds in the earlier ones I bought are sort of a yellow brass, while the later ones are a more red/orange colored.  What is the difference in the two types of reed?  Which are better if any?  I haven't measured them, but the later ones seem to be thinner.

Thanks for the help.

Harvey Berman