[Harp-L] Steve Warner "Thunderharps"

            Mics and amps are my thing. I believe if you have super
equipment and know how to utilize the equipment when and where to change
mics along with the correct harmonica you add color to what you are trying
to create. This is a letter I wrote to thank Steve Warner for his great
service, ideas, and care. A tremendous guy who has gone through a bit of a
tough time lately, but is back and doing what he does best and that?s build,
customize, and repair microphones.

Hey Steve,

            I?m hoping that things are going better for you after your
certainly trying time readjusting in life to life after a divorce. I?ve been
there! Most importantly, now you will be able to do what you do best, and
that is service the harp world.

            All the work that you have done for me has been professional,
fast and innovative. Changing all my mics to the 1/4 inches fittings has
made switching and interchanging my mics on stage easier and faster. The
servicing to all the mics upgraded their response and value. What I?ve
always liked was the price, the quality, and the incredibly quick turn
around. And, we?re talking the fact that I live in Europe and the Europe to
California, California to Europe turn around has always been great because I
need my mics ?.now!

            But, the most amazing thing is the ?Atomic Blues Blaster?!
Remember, I wanted a mic that had maximum bass response, quality, and tone.
And, you told me about this new super element that you had come up with that
was going to be the answer to all my needs, thoughts, and ideas about bass.
I sent you a Hohner Blues Blaster that had an element destroyed by the
blistering sun in my car studio. (A bad break which ended up a super move!)
You replaced that wimpy original element Hohner supplied and replaced it
with Element #1, The Bass Bomb, The Bass Explosion. And, thus the named I
dubbed that mic ?The Atomic Blues Blaster? The combination of ?The Atomic?
and my amp which is a Sonny Jr. 410 set up with a very low and warm tube
setting gets the most incredible ?Growls?! People are amazed! They come up
after my gigs and ask what special effect or pedal is being employed to get
that booming bass. The rumble and growl are also what I call ?The Big Low
End Boom? and makes the mic ?The Big Low End Bomb?.

            I?ve plugged it into other amps and everybody who hears the bass
want to see if they can get that rumble with their gear. The mic blows
people away. They can?t believe that I?m even using a Blues Blaster at all
until I tell the story. It actually is a great joke that I have rolling and
a pretty funny story. Obviously, I could have had you do some of that custom
finishing that you?re well known for. But, I knew immediately when we talked
about it after you dropped it in that I was going to have this mind blowing
situation. And, while I?m at it, you also changed the Atomic Blues Blaster
in a few more ways which I also see the beauty of every time I play that
thing. You removed and replaced the original volume control with a super
volume control that gives more range and control, you installed it with a ¼
inch fitting, and you sealed that crazy blue shell with something to
preserve the finish. A super job on a mic that I had because it was cheap to
ride around with in my car studio and now it is one of my show pieces along
with the SM545 that you spruced up for me. I still show people that picture
you made for me with all those SM545s that you owned or worked on with your
toes highly distinguishable at the bottom of the picture. Everyone always
laughs!

            I?m glad you?re back in the saddle! I?ve seen a few things from
time to time which you have commented on while posting on Harp-L. God bless
that forum! That?s how I got to know you in the first place. How else would
a Texas Boy that lives in Luxembourg meet a wild California Kid! You?re the
?Best? and your element is the ?Beast?! Be Good!

  Ron ?Rockin? Ronny? Tuffel