[Harp-L] Seydel super lows

Just got some Seydel harps in the mail - included a Low A (the Soloist 12
hole) and Low D (Blues Session). Wonderful, low, growly sounds, almost more
like a bowed instrument than a harmonica. The lows are slower to respond,
need a different touch, more care when playing. But I loved the sound - so
much so that I ordered one of their LLF harps yesterday - there is a sound
clip on their seydelusa page of the LLF being played that really sold me.

The 12 hole is nice but a bit confusing at first because you're always a
hole or two off where you think you should be. But I guess you get used to
it.

Out of sheer curiousity I also ordered one harp each in Dorian and augmented
tunings. Unsure what to expect, but am very curious as to the sound. Anyone
ever use these tunings?

Ian Chadwick
Web:  <http://www.ianchadwick.com/> www.ianchadwick.com
Forum & blog:  <http://www.ianchadwick.com/> www.ianchadwick.com/forum/