[Harp-L] harmonica tools

   The kits currently marketed don't have everything I want, and have a lot of what I don't want. What I really need is the reeds and a means to set and pull them from the reed plates.

  Disclaimer: I sell this stuff, but this really is what I use for my work.
  Seydel makes a Deriveting tool that pops them out. It has a teet on one side and a hole on the other. You put the teet on the bottom of the rivet, squeeze and the rivet pops right out. It's $30, priced that way, I suppose, because it's modified by hand to do what it does.
  It doesn't seem to hurt the rivet, if you're reusing those. I find it easier to put them back in with a screw and nut. Seydel sells the stuff for that separately, too.

Dave Payne Sr.
Harmonicas and music lessons
P.O. Box 3822
Parkersburg WV 26103